Well, now that you are just getting settled into the School Year, it’s time to think about Summer!! (Wha??). That’s right, next Summer offers a whole host of activities that you can join. But before you “Pack up your Duffle”, you and your parents have some tough decisions to make. Some of your choices are:
- Yawgoog – We always a great time at “The Beach”. For those of you who have been there, Enough Said. For those of you who haven’t, talk to a buddy or troop member who has and find out what it is about.
- Philmont – I believe that Mr. Rubesh has a couple of spots that just opened up for the 2017 trek. I can tell you from personal experience that it is a once in a lifetime experience! (twice if you are lucky). There is an upcoming meeting on High Adventure Camps to learn more.
- National Jamboree – I know there were a couple of scouts that said they might be interested in going to National Jamboree this year. Suffolk County Council is taking a contingent to the National Jamboree at the Summit in West Virginia. Click on the “Read More”
If you are thinking about doing any of these, you need to have long conversation with your parents, because none of these great opportunities are cheap. Thank you.
Join the Council Contingent attending the National Jamboree July 17 – 28, 2017
Below is a message from Suffolk County Council
I know there were a couple of scouts that said they might be interested in going to National Jamboree this year. Suffolk County Council.
- If you are planning to go to Yawgoog, you would probably have to leave for Jamboree the day after you return from Yawgoog. The dates for both would need to be confirmed.
- If You are going to Philmont 2017, you would probably be leaving for Philmont the date you are coming back. You would have to check with Mr. Rubesh concerning the dates.