Hello Troop 349,
I wanted to write to you concerning posting project and other notices on the Troop, I have written down the process to submit notices to the Troop Email bounce and Facebook pages. I strongly suggest that you post on both media since not everyone is a member either group, so sending to just one will not let your message reach the widest possible audience. The troop also has Google+, and Twitter presences as well. We are working on setting up a way where you can post to the website, and it will post to all of these services.
Posting Messages the Troop Email Bounce
To post to the Troop email group, you need to do the following:
- You MUST be a member of the Troop email group. If you are not a member, you will know that you even send the email, not even the administrators. Google will reject it as Spam Mail! As the saying goes, Membership has its privileges! To join the email group, you can either go to the troop web page, (bsatroop349.com) or click on this link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bsa-troop-349-smithtown . You will then need to click on the “Subscribe to this Group” link, you will then be able enter your email address and submit a request. One of the group administrators will look at the request, and approve it.
- 2. Once you are a member, you can send your email to one of the following addresses. Troop349@bsatroop349.com or email@example.com. DO NOT SEND IT BOTH as this will double up the message. I strong suggest cc’ing one of the managers of the group. They are: Ryder, Mr. McCarthy, Mr. Bodor, and Mr. Pelis . They will release the message to be sent to the Troop.
Posting Messages the Troop Facebook Page (taken from WikiHow.com)
- Having logged into Facebook, find the group that you want to join. (The Troop’s Group Page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/92739644356/. Groups allow people of similar interests to talk about those interests in a central place. You can find groups in several different ways, though the process to join is the same regardless.
- Search for the group – If you know the name or part of the name of the group, you can search for it in the Facebook search bar. Select the group from the search results to open the group page.
- Look at your friends’ groups. Your friends’ profiles will display the groups that they are members of. You can click the links to visit the group pages for any of these groups.
- Browse suggested groups. Facebook recommends a list of groups based on your other interests and what your friends are subscribed to. You can see this list by clicking the “Find New Groups” link in the left menu of the main page
2. Join the group. Open the group page that you want to join. You will see a “Join Group” button beneath the group’s cover art. Click it to request admission to the group.
If the group is an Open group, clicking the “Join Group” button will enroll you in the group immediately.
- If the group is a Closed group, clicking the “Join Group” button will send an admission request to the admins. You will need to wait until you are accepted before you can interact with the group.
- Other people may be able to see that you’ve joined a group on their News Feed
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/advancementprocedure-to-post-messages-to-troop-email-bounce-and-facebook-page/
Hello Welding Merit Badge Candidates,
Mr. Johnston wants to let those scouts who signed up for the Welding Merit Badge know that you will be on the welding merit badge at this Wednesdays meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Rubesh at email@example.com
PLEASE AND THANK YOU OF COURSE!
Mr. Johnston and Mr. Rubesh
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/welding-merit-badge-meeting/
Hello Troop 349,
The Air Trampoline meeting is on 4/20 from 6:30-8:00.
It is $16 a person and we need at least 35 people to be there.
You need to fill out a waiver form to jump.
Hope to see you there!
Jack Drago and Tyler Hans
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/air-trampoline-meeting-april-20th/
Hi Troop 349,
This Wednesday is the last call for ordering Troop 349 sweatshirts. If you have a Troop 349 sweatshirt and would like to have it embroidered please bring it to this Wednesdays meeting so I can place the orders. If you can not attend this weeks meeting, you can email or call me with your orders. Sweatshirts can be dropped off at my house.
Sweatshirts are $20.00
embroidery is an additional $7.50
(cash or check made payable to Troop 349)
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/last-call-for-troop-349-sweatshirts/
This tent Camp-out will take place from April 15th to April 17th 2016 at Southhaven Park in Yaphank, NY.
~The cost is $40 per Scout and leaders that will camp overnight. Two food vouchers for Saturday’s lunch and dinner are included.
~The cost for day visitors on Saturday is $25 per person. Day visitors may include Scouts, leaders, parents, siblings and guests. A meal ticket for dinner Saturday night is included.
April 2016 Campout Sign-up
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/april-2016-campout-southaven-camporee/
That is right, the legend of our Troop continues to grow! Now our accomplishments are known across the Nation. Congressman Lee Zeldin recently was on the House Floor and recognized that we recently celebrated the accomplishment of our 100th Scout a\obtaining the rank of Eagle Scout in our Troop’s history! Below is an image of what was read into the Congressional Record.
Thank you Congressman Zeldin and Louis Villacci, one of those 100 Eagle Scouts! Congratulations to all of our Troop 349 Eagle Scouts who help make this so special!
Troop 349 Congress Proclamation
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/troop-349-recognized-by-congress/
Don’t have plans for the Summer and you are behind on Merit Badges! Benjamin Tallmadge District has announced their Summer Merit Badge Program. The merit badge classes will be held this year from:
6:45pm – 9:00pm on Wednesday July 20, July 27, and Aug.3 and Aug 10 at:
St Philip and James Church
1 Carow Place St James, NY 11780
In the Auditorium located in the basement of the Church
Below is a link to the Flier on the BT District website www.btdistrict.org
2016 SUMMER MERIT BADGE PROGRAM FLIER
SIGN UP EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/2016-summer-merit-badge-program/
Canon USA is sponsoring a Photography Merit Badge Day on April 27th for those Scouts that are interested in Photography and Filmmaking. SPACE IS LIMITED!!! Below is a link to the flier:
Canon USA Merit Badge Day
Wednesday, April 27, 2016 10:00 AM—12:00 PM
Canon USA, Melville, NY
Activities for Boy Scouts & Venture Scouts ages 14 and older
Registration Due: Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Photography Merit Badge Day 2016.pdf
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/photography-merit-badge-program/
Hello Troop 349!
Please join us in recognizing our Scouts achievements since our last Court of Honor in March.
Great Hollow Middle School
Wednesday March 16, 2016
We will serving refreshments after the ceremony. We are asking our 349 families to help us by bring something for us all to share. Please use this sign up form to let us know what you are bringing. Thank you.
Date: 03/16/2016 (Wed.)Time: 7:30pm – 9:00pm EST
Location: Great Hollow Middle School 150 Southern Blvd. Nesconset, NY 11767
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/court-of-honor-wednesday-march-16-2016/
At the Wednesday’s February 3rd 2016 meeting, Mr. Pelis did a presentation on the changes to the BSA Rank Requirements that went into effect on January 1, 2016. These changes impact every rank and they were made to align the program to trends in American Life. The changes can be summarized
- Service to the Community
- Duty to God
- Personal Fitness (Both is Exercise as well as Nutrition)
BSA decided (wisely) to allow the scouts that are working on a rank complete that rank under the old requirements so as to not add extra work . We have set up several resources to help you and you parents understand what the new requirements are and get information you need to be successful in your Scouting journey. Please see the new 2016 Advancement page (Underneath the Advancements Page) for the presentation, documentation and a discussion forum where you can ask questions. I hope you find it useful.
2016 Advancement Information Page
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/the-new-bsa-2016-rank-requirements-information-page-is-here/