For those of you who use Twitter, you can now follow the Troop’s announcements via Facebook! The Troop’s Twitter handle is @troop_349!
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/come-follow-troop-349-on-twitter/
Vinny LaFrancesca’s Eagle Project will be held tomorrow, Saturday July 23rd from 9am – 3pm at the Holly Cross Church. Please Dress appropriately and bring work gloves. Thank you.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/vinny-lafrancesca-eagle-project-sat-july-23rd-9am-3pm-holy-cross-church/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/first-year-hike/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/reminder-dropping-off-care-packages/
Ode to a Trailer
Come, Come, do not be shy,
Yawgoog week is coming nigh,
We gather around the our trusty stead
To bring to Yawgoog all we need!
Our trusty vessel stands in wait,
ready to receive our belongings with open tailgate.
While she will creak and groan, she will not complain,
Because she knows her duty, to lead us on our summer campaign!
Come, Come do not be shy, Yawgoog week will fly right by,
With so many adventures we had,
We have no time to be sad.
Swimming, climbing, and trails to roam,
The Troop turns Yawgoog into its home!
Come, come do not cry, Yawgoog week has flown right by.
With tails of bravery and intrigue galore,
All to be regaled back on Long Island shore.
With stories to tell, and friendships made,
we can hardly believe that that we made the grade.
Farewell, farewell, old trusty friend,
I will see you in September to camp again!
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/ode-to-a-trailer/
- Saturday July 9, 10:00 to 12:00 Trailer Pack-up, uniform inspection, and paperwork finalization day. Meet at Scoutmaster’s House, 5 Short Court Nesconset.
- Sunday July 10, 12:00 noon, Troop luncheon at Orient Point Ferry, Pictures and embark on our trip to Yawgoog.
- Tuesday July 12, Care Package drop off to Mrs. Johnston.
- Sunday July 19 Return to Orient point 5:00 pm
- In addition to the luggage you surrender to the troop trailer, pack a day pack (small cary on back pack) with all the things you forgot. Like sunscreen, etc. Add a water bottle, snacks, you get the idea.
- wear a tee shirt under your uniform shirt. Take off your uniform when you get to camp during the “Down Time”.
- Keep sugary snacks to a minimum. Our biggest problem Sunday night stems from too much junk food and upset stomaches. Use common sense, if you wouldn’t give your son the junk food at home why allow him to suffer at camp.
- Homesickness- we expect it. We have strategies to mitigate it. However, we can’t help mom and dad from separation anxiety. We have resources available at camp to call you if you son needs to.
- Please instruct your son to talk to the adults in camp if he is having a problem. We can’t fix what we don’t know.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/yawgoog-email-3-travel-day-and-other-questions-answered/
Wild life in camp:
A typical Day –
Wake up at 7:00am, clean tent and do choirs, Flag ceremony, breakfast, 9:00am 1st merit badge class, 10:30 2nd MB class, 12 lunch, field activities, 2:00pm 3rd MB Class, 3:30 4th MB class, down time in camp, Dinner, Evening activities, 11:00pm lights out.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/troop-email-2-life-in-camp/
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/flags-for-the-fourth/
- scout spirit and scout books,
- tooth brush and tooth paste, soap, shampoo
- flashlights, pocket knives (if you have toten chip),
- bath/ beach towels, wash cloth
- 3-4 shorts, bathing suit,
- 4-5 tee shirts, underwear, socks
- You must have footwear on at all times – hiking boots (recommended, not required), water shoes (if you have them)
- Sweatshirt / lite jacket
- RAIN Gear – (rain coat or poncho )
- Sleeping bag or blanket
- Pen or pencil, notebook
- sun screen
- Nalgene water bottle
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/yawgoog-email-1-what-to-bring/
First year Scouts: Please print the Mammal studies Merit Badge worksheet. Mammal-Study
For All other Scouts:
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bsatroop349.net/preparing-for-camp-merit-badges/