Once a Scout has achieved the rank of First Class, a scout must do the following to achieve the Rank of Star Scout.
- Be active in the Troop for four (4) months.
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Complete Earn six merit badges, including any four from the required list for Eagle.
- While a First Class Scout, take part in service projects totaling at least six hours of work. These projects must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
- While a First Class Scout, serve actively in your unit for four months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility*** (or carry out a unit leader-assigned leadership project to help your unit):
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide and earn the Cyber Chip award for your grade.
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference
- Successfully complete your board of review.***
While nothing replaces the BSA Handbook, below is a Worksheet to help you through the process and which Adult Leader to see to help you on your way. The hyperlinks on the individuals will open email windows for you to contact them with questions and requests. The hyperlinks on document names takes you to documents on the BSA or MeritBadge.org website
You can also Download a copy for your use by clicking this link. Star Advancement Instruction Sheet