OK Troop 349 – it’s Yawgoog time! Here are details for Saturday and the Care Packages:
Saturday July 12 – Trailer Pack up. 10:00 to 12:00 at my house, 5 Short Court Nesconset. If other arrangements are needed send me an email.
Please have a parent & scout check in at the table. Talk to me if you are dropping off medications Medications. Put them in a zip lock bag and write instructions on a separate paper and put that in the bag as well.
Uniform Inspection Saturday – bring your full uniform on a hanger to the pack-up.
All payments are due Saturday.
All MEDICAL forms must be handed in as well. DON’t forget copies of the Insurance card.
Last second Packing reminders for scouts (things usually forgotten):
· Day Pack – to carry stuff for ferry to and from Yawgoog
· Nalgene bottles – so you can keep hydrated!
· Scout books – to get all the signoffs you need
· Hangers – to hang up your Class A uniforms in your tents
· Flashlights or Lamps – lamps must be battery driven only
Sunday July 13 – we meet at Orient Point at 12 noonish to have lunch and relax a bit before boarding the ferry. We board the ferry for New London at 1:30 PM.
Tuesday July 15 – this Tuesday evening by 7:00 PM is the deadline to have “Care Packages” for the boys at Mr. Johnston’s house (8 St James Road, Lake Grove). The boys love to get their packages from home on Wednesday night, so thank you Pat & Georgette! Some guidelines:
· Please keep the package to approximately shoebox size – we need to pack 60 or so of them!
· Please do not put in chocolate or items that can melt
Please do not leave any packages on front Trailer Porch! If Mrs. J is not home you can leave your package on her front stoop either one ! They are the white house behind the trailer! ( still recovering from the fire last year) Thank you and see you no later then Tuesday July 15 th 7 PM.
Sunday July 21 – We arrive back at Orient Point around 5:20 PM (we take the 4 PM from New London). Please come and meet up with your scouts so they can tell you what a great time they had! J